Chondrogard is an effective drug that stimulates the regenerative processes in tissues.
Chondroitin sulphate, which is part of Chondrogard, helps regenerate cartilage and reduces degenerative changes in the mobile joints of the bones of the skeleton (joints).
This drug has an analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect, restores the exchange of phosphorus and calcium, prevents the destruction of cartilage. Differs fast action. Recommended for the treatment of spinal and joint diseases.
Means in the form of injections is prescribed for dystrophic changes in cartilage tissue, osteoarthrosis.
A drug that stimulates the process of regeneration of cartilage tissue.
Terms of sale from pharmacies
You can buy by prescription.
How much does Hondrogard in pharmacies? The average price is at the level of 800 rubles.
Composition and release form
Ampoules with clear colorless or slightly yellowish solution, 1 and 2 ml each, 5 or 10 pieces per pack. The liquid has a peculiar smell of benzyl alcohol.
The composition of 1 ml of solution:
- active ingredient: chondroitin sodium sulfate - 100 mg;
- Auxiliary components: phenylcarbinol, sodium metabisulfite, sodium hydroxide, water for injection.
Ampoules or syringes are packed in blisters made of plastic in a carton box, a summary with a detailed description is attached to the preparation.
Hondrogard refers to drugs whose action is aimed at intensifying the regenerative processes in tissues.
The active substance of the drug is a mucopolysaccharide of high molecular weight, affecting metabolic processes in hyaline cartilage. The tool partially suppresses degenerative changes in the articular cartilage tissue, stimulates its recovery and the production of proteoglycans.
The use of the drug improves the mobility of the joints and reduces pain in them. In the treatment of degenerative changes with the formation of secondary synovitis, the effect of the drug is noted already after 15-20 days of treatment. The therapeutic effect of the drug Hondrogard, lasts for a long time.
Distribution in the case of intramuscular injection occurs quickly. Half an hour after application, the essential content of the drug is easily determined in the blood. The maximum degree of concentration is noted after 60 minutes after administration, after it is gradually subjected to a decrease within 48 hours.
Chondroitin accumulation occurs mostly in the cartilage tissue of the joints. The synovium is not a barrier to the penetration of the drug inside the joint. In the synovial fluid, the substance is observed already 15 minutes after the injection, and in the articular cartilage the maximum level of concentration is reached after 2 days.
Indications for use
What helps? Injections Chondrogard prescribed in the following cases:
- with bursitis;
- with spondyloarthrosis;
- in case of meniscopathy of the knee joint;
- for bone fractures to accelerate the formation of callus, recovery from other types of injuries of bone structures;
- with osteoarthritis of the peripheral joints;
- with tendinopathy;
- with intervertebral osteochondrosis.
The list of contraindications to the use of funds can be represented as follows:
- children up to 15 years;
- the period of pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- severe chronic pathology;
- hypersensitivity to the components of the medicinal composition of the patient;
- the presence of a predisposition to bleeding;
- acute thrombophlebitis or varicose veins in advanced form;
- clogging of veins with blood clots;
- acute renal failure.
In the presence of these states, the reception of funds is strictly prohibited. injections can cause deterioration of the victim.
Appointment during pregnancy and lactation
Hondrogard in the form of injections is not prescribed to women during pregnancy. This is due to the fact that research on the safety of the solution for the development of the fetus and the course of pregnancy has not been generally conducted and the experience of using the drug is limited among expectant mothers.
Chondrogard injections are not prescribed to nursing mothers, since the active ingredient of the drug is excreted in breast milk. If necessary, drug therapy should resolve the issue of termination of lactation.
Dosage and method of use
As indicated in the instructions for use Hondrogard appoint a / m 100 mg every other day. With good tolerance, the dose is increased to 200 mg, starting with the 4th injection.
- The course of treatment is 25-30 injections. If necessary, after 6 months, it is possible to repeat the course of treatment.
For the formation of callus, the treatment course is 3-4 weeks (10-14 injections every other day).
During the application of Chondrogard, allergic reactions may develop in the form of pruritus, erythema, urticaria, dermatitis, as well as local reactions in the form of hemorrhage at the injection site.
Cases of drug overdose medicine are not known. The only thing that can develop is side effects. The appearance of dermatitis, skin rashes and itching, burning, urticaria, hemorrhages, localized at the site of injection of the drug, as a rule, impractical use of the drug (excess dosage or frequency of use, prolongation of the course).
Data on the efficacy and safety of chondroitin sulfate in children are currently not available.
Information about cautions regarding the use of the drug by drivers of vehicles and persons working with potentially dangerous machinery is not available.
Compatibility with other drugs
It is possible to enhance the effect of indirect anticoagulants, antiplatelet agents, fibrinolytics, which requires more frequent monitoring of blood clotting indicators while using them simultaneously.
We offer you to read the reviews of people who used Hondrogard:
- Camilla. I pricked these injections. I had thoughts somewhere after 20 injections, which may be enough, because the medicine has already helped me, I even called the doctor with such a question. But she sternly warned me that you can’t throw, you must prick to the end, otherwise the result of treatment will end quickly and you will have to prick again. So I threw stupid thoughts out of my head and did everything to the end. And the shots helped me sooo, thanks to the doctor for the good treatment.
- Raisa With arthritis, this drug helps very well. Relieves pain, inflammation goes away, everything is exactly as stated in the instructions. Only, in any case, this is a serious drug, and therefore I advise you to consult a doctor. After all, better to hedge. And if you still decided to prick him without a doctor's appointment, then I advise you to start with a dose of 1 ml and watch how you react, if everything is fine, then go to 2 ml, which means he approached you. All successful treatment.
- Tatyana. Speaking about the drug Hondrogard, I want to note that its main drawback - the price is not justified by the quality. I was prescribed this drug after identifying osteochondrosis of the thoracic and cervical spine. Course - 20 shots, it was necessary to enter the solution every other day. After completing the first half of the course, she was surprised to note that there were no positive changes, although a neuropathologist spoke of Chondrogard as the most effective means. After completing the course, the situation has not changed. I will say more: 2 weeks after the end of treatment, the spine began to hurt even more. I had to repeat the treatment, but with the use of another drug
Structural analogues of the active substance:
- Artra Chondroitin;
- Cartalag Vitrum;
- Chondroitin sodium sulfate;
- Hondroxide gel;
- Chondroxide ointment;
Before buying an analogue, consult your doctor.
Shelf life and storage conditions
It is recommended to store ampoules with the drug in a cool place protected from children, avoiding direct sunlight.
The shelf life of the solution in ampoules is 3 years from the date of manufacture, in syringes - 2 years. Do not use the drug after the expiration date, do not enter the drug in violation of the integrity of the ampoule or syringe.