Belosalik Lotion is a glucocorticosteroid solution based on the chemical compound betamethasone dipropionate.
The drug is a synthetic analogue of prednisolone, but it is supplemented with unique components that quickly improve skin condition with hyperkeratosis, irritation, desquamation, and other pathological changes. In 3 - 4 weeks of use, Belosalik completely cures the body of a dermatological disease and prevents complications and inflammatory processes.
On this page you will find all the information about Belosalik: complete instructions for use for this drug, average prices in pharmacies, complete and incomplete analogues of the drug, as well as reviews of people who have already used Belosalik lotion. Want to leave your opinion? Please write in the comments.
GKS. It has anti-inflammatory, anti-edema, anti-allergic, vasoconstrictive, anti-proliferative, immunosuppressive, keratolytic, anti-microbial, antifungal and local hypothermic action
Pharmacy sales terms
It is released on prescription.
How much does Belosalik lotion cost? The average price in pharmacies is at 430 rubles.
Release form and composition
The composition of the solution (1000 mg):
- active ingredients: betamethasone - 0.5 mg (in the form of betamethasone dipropionate - 0.64 mg); salicylic acid - 20 mg;
- Auxiliary components: edetate disodium, hypromellose 4000 cP, sodium hydroxide, isopropanol, water.
Dosage form - solution for external use: colorless, transparent, with a viscous consistency, with a characteristic smell of isopropanol (in a plastic bottle with a dropper of 50 or 100 ml, in a cardboard box 1 bottle; in a plastic bottle with a pump spray mechanism of 20, 50 or 100 ml , in a carton box 1 bottle complete with a spray nozzle).
The therapeutic action of Belosalik Lotion is provided by its active ingredients - a synthetic homo homogeneity of the adrenal cortex (corticosteroid) betamethasone in the form of a dipropionate and salicylic (2-hydroxybenzoic) acid.
When applied externally, Betamethasone promotes the removal of inflammatory, allergic and hyperproliferative skin reactions by binding to cell receptors and their DNA, which increases the synthesis of lipocortin protein, which inhibits the activity of the intracellular enzyme phospholipase A2. A further mechanism consists in blocking the release of arachidonic and lysophosphatidic acids and subsequent modification by their cyclooxygenases (COX 1 and COX 2) into active compounds - anti-inflammatory and inflammatory mediators (eicosanoids, prostaglandins, leukotrienes). In addition, glucocorticosteroids (GCS), including betamethasone dipropionate, inhibit the synthesis of T- and B-lymphocytes, tissue immunoglobulins (IgE and IgG), and also reduces the release of histamine from mast cells, which relieves the symptoms of an allergic reaction.
Salicylic acid in the composition Belosalik lotion acts as an antiseptic and keratolytic, that is, does not allow to develop infections and softens dead skin particles.
Indications for use
Belosalik lotion is prescribed for:
- lichen asbestos;
- flat red lichen scalp;
- seborrheic dermatitis;
- ichthyosis and eczematous damage to the hairy part of the skin.
The instructions to the lotion Belosalik is quite an impressive list of contraindications. Carefully read the prohibitions and in any case do not violate them. So, the use of the drug is contraindicated if you have:
- Acne vulgaris.
- Trophic ulcers.
- Skin manifestations of syphilis.
- Skin vaccine reactions.
- Viral infections of the skin.
- Open wounds.
- Hypersensitivity to medication components.
- Children's age up to 6 months
Use during pregnancy and lactation
During pregnancy and lactation, the use of Belosalik lotion is possible ONLY if indicated and under the supervision of the attending physician, in small doses if the benefit to the mother exceeds the risk to the fetus. Of course, for the treatment of seborrhea during pregnancy and breastfeeding the use of lotion is unacceptable, so we strongly recommend finding a replacement.
Instructions for use
The instructions for use indicated that the lotion Belosalik used externally, on the affected areas, slightly rubbing, applied with a thin layer of 2-3 times / day.
- If necessary, impose occlusive dressings, which change every 24 hours (due to the delayed evaporation of sweat and skin breathing, a moist chamber is created that promotes loosening of the stratum corneum and accelerated, deeper penetration of the drug - approximately 100 times greater than with simple application).
The course of treatment is up to 3 weeks. If necessary, long-term treatment is less common - every other day. In the treatment of chronic diseases, treatment should continue for some time after the disappearance of all the symptoms in order to avoid a relapse of the disease.
They are mild, reversible. Rarely (as with the use of other corticosteroids) hypersensitivity reactions (itching, burning, redness), acne-like changes, hypopigmentation, striae, skin atrophy, hypertrichosis, telangiectasia, secondary skin infections may develop.
With prolonged continuous use and in large areas of the skin, betamethasone can cause systemic side effects associated with the suppression of the function of the adrenal cortex. In the case of hypersensitivity reactions or side effects, therapy should be discontinued and consult a doctor.
- The use of the drug under an occlusive dressing is not recommended, unless necessary.
- Avoid contact with eyes and mucous membranes, as well as the use of the drug in the anogenital region.
- The preparation Belosalik lotion in the form of a solution for external use is especially convenient for use on the skin of the scalp. The solution is easily distributed over the surface of the skin, does not stick or dry hair, leaves no visible marks, has a cooling effect on the skin.
- With the development of fungal or bacterial microflora on the skin, additional use of an antibacterial or antifungal agent is necessary.
No data on significant interactions with other drugs. With the simultaneous use externally of any products containing ethanol or medical soap, can lead to the development of skin irritation.
We picked up some reviews of people about Belosalik lotion:
- Alexey. Belosalik was recommended to me by a dermatologist with seborrhea. Prior to that, I used drug analogues (Diprosalik and Elokom) and many dandruff shampoos at a higher price, but nothing helped - I was constantly worried about severe itching of the scalp. Although the itching had already passed the day after applying the lotion, I was completely treated.
- Olga I use three months, I like it very much. My dog has chow-chow very often allergic skin rashes on the skin, even tried on it, while it helps ;-)
- Natalia. Applied the drug Belosalik with seborrheic dermatitis and for a long time got rid of the problem. It is easy to apply, absorbs quickly, leaves no residue and cools the skin. But it is advisable to buy lotion only after consulting a doctor, because it is a hormonal drug and has many contraindications.
- Larisa. Belosalik in the form of a lotion the doctor prescribed me for psoriasis. I had symptoms of the disease on the open parts of the body, so I liked the lotion because it does not leave greasy marks and does not stain things during dressing. Despite the hormonal composition, Belosalik did not cause side effects, and I successfully used it for 2 months. The result is impressive: the skin condition improved with each procedure, the plaques resolved on the 9th day, and the remission lasts for the 7th month. I'm happy.
- Victoria. Belosalik helps me temporarily. Problems with the scalp go away after application, but quickly return. It is undesirable to get involved in lotion, so I try to treat the hair with other means that do not contain hormones.
Analog of Belosalik lotion is Elok-C lotion and Diprosalik lotion. The cheapest analogue ointment Belosalik are cream Akriderm-GK. You can also replace the ointment with the following drugs:
- Betaderm A
- Akriderm SK
Before using analogues consult your doctor.
Storage conditions and shelf life
Belosalik lotion is stored at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C, protected from sunlight and inaccessible to children.